Saturday, March 25, 2006

people, pizza, plastic, old people

i should have known something was up. a pedicure. a bath. my people cleaning. well, on tuesday i figured it out when this guy came with lots of tools. his name is brad and he was the one who ripped up my bathroom. but apparently he was the one who was going to put it together.

brad was at my house all day tuesday. good thing i was pretty tired or i would have made him play more ball. but unlike the painter guy who was coming here for a while, brad had a bunch of people with him including a guy with lights and a guy with a camera.

they all played ball with me when they weren't working. one of them threw my favourite new ball down the hole in the floor where the hot air and cold air comes out. good thing my people bought two. so that was fine and those people left before mom got home from work.

wednesday i got to sleep all day and recover. and joy of joys, for dinner my people had pizza -- they haven't eating pizza in what seems like a million years. they used to get it all the time. you don't even know how happy i was to see it. it smelled amazing, just like when i used to scare the pizza guys in all those elevators where we used to live.

apparently it was mom's birthday. i got her a card, but i can't figure out how old she is. some days she looks really young, some days not so much. i guess it doesn't really matter because she picked off all the pepperonis and gave them all to me. she's good that way.

thursday i got to sleep off my food coma.

then friday, my people woke me up really early. they were making a real racket vacuuming, dusting and picking stuff up. i thought my friends the cleaning people were coming, but then i remembered that mom doesn't preclean for them, she just picks up all the balls i leave everywhere.

then all of a sudden tons of people showed up. just like they did a couple of weeks ago. i remembered the nice ones who petted me before and the ones who threw my ball. everyone seemed to know me. i tried to be as friendly as possible in the hopes that i could stay around. last time, the whole house smelled like delcious food when i came back.

i was hoping to stick around, but dad grabbed me and before i knew it i was in the nox with ted (my bear) and a bag of balls, toys and cookies. but once i found out where i was going, everything was ok. i got to spend the day at my friend reesa's plastics company. her dad jim loves me almost as much as grandpa. in fact, i kind of think of him as another grandpa. except jim doesn't cook me special food. he redeems himself by playing plenty of ball.

i wonder why i can't stay. is it something i said? or maybe a smell i made?

still, i had an amazing day. lots of ball. lots of pets. lots of relaxation time under jim's desk. and when i got home, everyone was still there. this time they let me stay and all the people with the cameras, lights and stuff petted me. i was so tired that i just layed in the kitchen. when my friend jane came in and said, "why hello, daisy?" i just layed there and wagged my tail the best i could. i was so tired. then i farted a couple of times just so everyone knew i was home.

when i woke up this morning, my people said, "want to go see grandma and grandpa?" i am exhausted. but i guess i can sleep in the car. maybe i can rest on sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home